- Saudi Arabia Is Redefining Islam for the World’s Largest Muslim Nation
- Why China’s Influence Over North Korea Is Limited
- The struggle to be British: my life as a second-class citizen
- Marine Le Pen: a Constitutional Program Threatening the French Constitutional Regime
- Data Firm Says ‘Secret Sauce’ Aided Trump; Many Scoff (this as a follow-up to a guardian article last week that ascribed maybe unreasonable powers to this sort of thing) and Palantir Provides the Engine for Donald Trump’s Deportation Machine (and related to that: Department of Justification)
- The dark psychology of dehumanization, explained and Strangers in Their Own Land
Economics & Finance
- The Fed’s Favorite Inflation Predictors Aren’t Very Predictive
- Borio: Secular stagnation or financial cycle drag?
- Saving up
- Why do Germans remember the Weimar hyperinflation?
- What Do Economists Actually Know?
- The real story of how China took over the world of metals
- When Work Disappears: Manufacturing Decline and the Falling Marriage-Market Value of Men
- A Structural Model of the Retail Market for Illicit Drugs (pdf)
- Goldman Irks Bankers With New Rules on Mobile Perks
- What exactly is in those Bible-based ETFs, anyway?
- One for the aficionados: CDS markets signal rising fear of euro breakup
- Singapore Futures Trader Has Spent $2.3 Billion Amassing Enough Sugar to Fill 3,000 Swimming Pools
- The London Whale resurfaces: Bruno Iksil speaks out
Science & Tech
- The Amazon Rainforest Was Profoundly Changed by Ancient Humans
- What Going To Mars Will Do To Our Minds and Welcome To Mars! Enjoy Perpetual Jet Lag Under An Eerie Red Sky and What Going To Mars Will Do To Our Bodies and What’s Different About Astronaut DNA?
- 7 Major Experiments That Still Haven’t Found What They’re Looking For
- The ‘Dark Matter’ of the Microbial World
- The Politically Subversive Power of Puppies
- Can Humans Coexist With Big Cats?
- Is Consciousness an Illusion?
- The Invisible Fence That Keeps Drones Away From the President
- The Trick Smoothies Play on the Stomach
- The Most Symmetrical Objects in the World
- On Dave Chappelle: If He Hollers Let Him Go
- In Africa, locally produced comic books are starting to catch on
- The Real American Pie
- Firefighters rescue same dog from roof twice in an hour